The Town That Sat on a Gold MIne
The 1864 gold rush at Wild Horse Creek created the town of Fisherville, named after Jack Fisher, prospector. Located approximately 6 kms up Ft. Steele-Wildhorse Road, it briefly flourished as a home for hundreds of gold-hungry miners. When gold was discovered underneath the town, it was dismantled and moved uphill to a new site later called Wild Horse. Little remains of Fisherville except ghostly memories and faded dreams.